James R. Eckstein, D.D.S., M.D.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
James R. Eckstein, D.D.S., M.D. is a San Diego native who grew up in the East County and attended Valhalla High School. He completed a Bachelor of Science at the University of California Irvine and then completed dental training at the University of California at Los Angeles School of Dentistry where he graduated Cum Laude. He received his medical degree at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center. He then completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas. He has been in private practice in San Diego since 1996. Dr. Eckstein practices the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with emphasis on dental implants and wisdom teeth removal. He is a member of many professional organizations including the International Team for Implantology (ITI).
- Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member American Dental Association
- Member American Medical Association