Before Anesthesia in San Diego
ALL PATIENTS -If you are a new patient, please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. If you are a returning patient, please check in 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. If your dentist has given you a referral slip and x-ray, please bring it to your appointment along with your insurance information.*Please be prepared to pay your portion (co-payment) on the day of your procedure.*
FOR PATIENTS HAVING IV SEDATION –
- Do not eat, drink or smoke anything after midnight the night prior to your morning surgery appointment. If you are having surgery in the afternoon, do not eat, drink or smoke for at least six hours prior to your appointment.
- You may take your regularly scheduled medication in the morning with a small sip of water.
- All alcohol and illegal substances must be avoided for 48 hours prior to your surgery appointment.
- You must have transportation from by a responsible family member or friend to accompany you on the day of your surgery. They must remain with you all day and night after your surgery. Please have your driver check in at the front desk prior to leaving the office for any period of time.
- Wear loose-fitting, short sleeve, comfortable clothing.
- Remove all jewelry & nail polish & contact lenses prior to appointment.
- If you have long hair, please tie back away from your face.
- * If you are having local anesthesia (numbing injections) you may drive yourself and eat, drink as normal.